November 3, 2014
Every year, there are a handful of new hotels that make it straight to the top of the Mr and Mrs Smith to-do list and THE PIG-on the beach were estatic to hear we had been nominated for "Best Newcomer" in The Smith Hotel Awards 2014 and delighted when we were announced as runner-up against some fantastic competition.
This category is acknowledges the best new hotels to open in the past 12 months; boutique-hotel lovers around the world voted for their favourite hotels, helping to make up a shortlist, a global top 10 for each award.
One winner and two runners-up were then chosen by an expert judging panel of three judges per category - Mr and Mrs Smith invite tastemakers, specialists and industry insiders to be part of the process. Those judges joined our Smith team judges (co founders James and Tamara Lohan, and editor-in-chief Juliet Kinsman) to select the very best in class.
Top Ten Results
- Ham Yard Hotel, London - WINNER
- The Pig - on the Beach, Dorset, UK - RUNNER-UP
- Ace Hotel Downtown LA, USA - RUNNER-UP
- Drift House, Great Ocean Road, Australia
- Dormy House, Cotswolds, UK
- Iconic Santorini, Greece
- Hotel Hotel, Canberra, Australia
- Point Yamu by Como, Phuket, Thailand
- Soho House Chicago, USA
- Casacau, Rome, Italy