Treat Our NHS
#treatournhs - 190 overnight stays at THE PIG to give our valued care givers a chance to put their feet up and be cared for by our team!
It is something that has, at some point, touched all our lives. The NHS, and the incredible professionals within it who care for us, are a part of British life.
Today, more than ever, we should treasure those who dedicate themselves to our care, putting our needs before theirs, as they work tirelessly to care for people in the face of the Coronavirus pandemic.
As a gesture of our huge thanks, THE PIGs would like to donate the night prior to our first night of our re-opening (whenever that might be) across each of our hotels to members of the NHS - 190 overnight stays to give our valued care givers a chance to put their feet up and be cared for by our teams.
"I think it’s true for most people in this country that in the past we have perhaps taken our NHS and Care workers for granted…not so now! At this time when we really need them, the whole country is showing their deep appreciation and respect in many ways for how they put their lives on the line every day to keep us all safe. This initiative, to use our hotels to give some of them a treat when eventually we can re-open is really the least we can do. In Cornwall the NHS will be the first guests ever to stay at THE PIG-at Harlyn Bay, where the much-anticipated opening has been delayed due to the Covid – 19 pandemic " Robin Hutson, CEO & Chairman, THE PIG
We would like to ask you to nominate the selfless members of the NHS, Care Workers, Volunteers or Researchers who have made a difference to your life and all of our lives, and that works within 25-miles of each of our PIG hotels. Loving local is in our DNA, so we want to support those who are part of our very own communities.
#treatournhs is a very recently started campaign initiated by Sarah White where holiday letting companies have given a week or two (or vouchers) in some of their cottages to any NHS workers once we're out the other side of Covid 19. Within the space of a week, more than 150 holiday homes have come on board, from castles in Scotland and cabins in Devon to chateaux in France (some are featured on Escape to the Chateau DIY). There has even been a holiday home in Arizona and a villa in Majorca offering a week’s stay.
The overnight stay will be entirely on us and will include breakfast and dinner.
Nominations are now OPEN
Nominate your local NHS hero here.
Please note we will send each nominee an email confirming they have been nominated, but we will not opt them in to receive any further marketing from THE PIG unless they opt in to do so.
Terms & Conditions
• Nominations close on Friday 22nd May
• Nominees who live or work within a 25-mile radius of each PIG Hotel will be chosen. We will not be accepting nominees from outside of this radius area for each hotel.
•The nominee will be asked to show their NHS staff ID card or proof of their role upon check-in.
• The nominee will receive a one-night stay (for 2 guests only) dinner and breakfast. Dinner will be a 3 course set menu, including a bottle of wine per couple. Rooms in the hotel will be allocated at random, unless there are specific access requirements for a winner.
• Potting Shed Treatments and any additional beverages are not included and will be charged as taken.
• All winners will stay on the same night, the night prior to re-opening for each hotel. This date will be confirmed closer to the time.
• The winners will be contacted by the Reservations team at THE PIG hotels to confirm that they have been selected and will then be contacted when a date has been released.
• The award is non-refundable, non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. It cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
• If winner is unable to make the date, a new winner will be drawn by THE PIG hotel that they were nominated to stay at.
• Travel to and from the hotel is not included
• THE PIG hotels reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time
• Additional terms and conditions may apply.
• We recognise that there might be concerns about Covid 19 and this number of health care workers in the same place. As ever we will follow government advice at the time to make the best decision.