Harlyn house is one of Cornwall’s most historic houses dating back to the 15th century, with hard to beat far reaching sea views. THE PIG building team are hard at work transforming the house in true piggy style. THE PIG – at Harlyn Bay has 11 bedrooms in the main house many with sea views, with 15 further bedrooms in a newly built stable block in the grounds. Finally, there will be 4 of the largest, most comfortable Shepherd’s Huts tucked away around the Kitchen Garden; these unique Huts will certainly be sun traps in the hot summer months but the cosiest of retreats on a winter’s night.
The house is just a short stroll from Harlyn beach, Constantine Bay beaches and Trevose Golf Club. It is also just a 10- minute drive to the sea-side honeypot of Padstow where our good friends, Chefs Rick Stein and Paul Ainsworth call home! And close to the buzzy towns of Rock and Polzeath – so there is plenty to do.
Here are a few of our favourite things to do near THE PIG – at Harlyn Bay
- Take a surf lesson at Harlyn Surf School. Our friends at Harlyn Surf School can help just about anyone stand up on a board! With its reputation as one of the safer beaches in the county, the crescent shaped bay is great for beginners to learn how to master the waves with sessions run from the beach.
- Visit the National Lobster Hatchery, a marine conservation, research and education charity based in Padstow. Learn all about lobsters and the amazing work being done to enhance the lobster population in the sea.
- Walk the 6.1 circular walk around the rugged coastline of Trevose Head, starting and ending at Constantine Bay. There are plenty of magnificent views on your walk including wonderful wildlife and a diverse landscape!
- Go crabbing in Padstow Harbor - all you need is a bit of bacon and a fishing line. The crabs even like the attention! It’s a fun and competitive activity for any member of the family at any age.
- Winter is just as much fun as summer – visit the Padstow Christmas festival market to see top chefs’ demonstrations, enjoy delicious food and shop great Christmas present ideas.
- Go all out and order a whole fresh fish for the table at Prawn On The Lawn restaurant in Padstow.
- Take a bike ride around Camel Trail, take in the beautiful Cornish countryside along an 18-mile disused railway line between Wenfordbridge, Bodmin, Wadebridge and Padstow
- Cornish wine tours, a half day all inclusive wine tasting tour around Cornwall – what could be better! Locations include Camel Valley Vineyard, Trevibban Mill Vineyard, Knightor Winery and Bosue Vineyard!
- Spend the day on Harlyn Bay beach, considered one of the best family beaches in Cornwall. Harlyn Bay is a spacious beach with yellow sand, pebbles and plenty of interesting rock pools.
- Explore the coast with a Padstow sea life safari, with the opportunity to spot some seals along the way!
If you can’t wait to visit our newest PIG, enter to win an Overnight Stay with Dinner and Breakfast for 2, and we will also send you a copy of our brand new book ‘THE PIG: Tales and Recipes from the Kitchen Garden & Beyond’ to read before your stay. To enter click here.