Colin our Head Gardener at THE PIG in Brockenhurst has brought garden to glass with a rhubarb twist, that is just like sipping on sunshine. Refreshing and tangy, the Collins is a simple classic that our Colin has stepped up a notch with freshly picked cucumbers from our plot, plus Rhubarb & Ginger Yarty Cordial, made up of delicious Hampshire rhubarb with a piquancy of fiery ginger.
50ml Chase GB Gin
15ml Cucumber Shrub
Top up with a Homemade Mint Soda. Or if you don’t have time Folkingtons Lemon & Mint Presse is great.
- 2 cucumbers
- 200ml apple cider vinegar
- 100g caster sugar
- Blend 2 cucumbers until pureed and then strain.
- Add 200ml of apple cider vinegar and 100g of caster sugar.
- Place in a kilner jar and leave for 2 hour shaking every 30 mins.
Home-made Mint Soda (You will need a soda stream)
- 500ml water
- 500g caster sugar
- Bunch of mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- Bring 500ml of water to a boil.
- Add in 500g of caster sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and add in a bunch of mint leaves and the peel and juice of 1 lemon.
- Let this cool and strain. This cordial will last for 2 weeks in a fridge.
- Add 50ml cordial to 250ml of cold water and add to the soda stream. This can be made in multiplies of this ratio. The sparkling water will need to kept in the fridge and last one day.