May 20, 2015
THE PIG has been featured in a range of different newspaper and magazine articles this month, including mentions by Eddie Perez, Head Chef at Villandry and also in an article on sustainable dining, for our impressive kitchen garden and forgers. However we have been most notably mentioned due to the New Forest choice to have a Food Tourism Ambassador.
For THE PIG this is great news. There could be nothing better than making the New Forest in Hampshire known as an incredible destination for food. The articles make a mention of James Durrant and his new campaign to take the food of the New Forest into cities. Attempting to entice those down to this wonderful area of the South Coast. As it’s only a two-hour ride from London, enjoying a lunch at THE PIG makes a quick and pleasant sojourn in the countryside.
Our very own Head Chef, James Golding is also featured in ‘Hampshire’s Great People Campaign’ for his use of the amazing local food which can be found, foraged and grown in the area.
You can find more information on these articles here:
- Nonoodle Hospitality News: Hampshire’s First To Appoint Food Tourism Ambassador - View Article
- Hospitality and Catering News: Hampshire’s first to appoint Food Tourism Ambassador - View Article
- Good Things Magazine: Sustainable Dining by Chris Keeling - View Article
- Life Hacker: How I Cook: Eddie Perez by James Laird - View Article
- The Telegraph: Ivy Chelsea Gardens Review by Zoe Williams - View Article
- Crumbsmag: Devon Hotel Recognised As One Of The Best by Max Mallon - View Article
- Arcadia Magazine: Review of THE PIG-on the beach - View Article
- Beach Tomato: The Great British Beach Hut Escape - View Article