Coronavirus / COVID-19 Statement
THE PIGs are OPEN!
What should I expect when I visit?
We are following all government regulations and guidance to keep our guests and team safe
All of THE PIG hotels are located in Tier 1 (medium) areas, and we are observing the regulations set out for Tier 1.
If you are travelling to any of THE PIGs for a stay or table booking from a Tier 2 (High) area, the regulations in your area move with you as you travel – so we ask that you observe the regulations set out for Tier 2 areas during your visit. If you need to amend your booking please contact our Reservations team on 0345 225 9494
If you are due to be staying with us and you are travelling from a Tier 3 area, we kindly ask that you rearrange your booking to a later date.
The experience may look a little different in this new normal, but we hope it will feel the same; ultimately, it is still our people caring for you and delivering the same attention to detail and personalised service that you are used to at THE PIG. We want to reassure you that we've put measures in place to keep you and our teams safe so that you can confidently enjoy a stay with us.
THE PIG 6 – our steps to keeping everyone safe
We firmly believe this needs to be a joint effort, so we ask you to please play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you. We will be using THE PIG 6 steps in all areas of the operation.
1. Carrying out Risk Assessments & Staff Training
2. Adhering to Government guidelines for physical distancing
3. Putting in place stringent hygiene measures, including the use of a sanitiser to fog all bedrooms between guests, and public areas regularly
4. Providing hand sanitiser for staff & guests at every possible opportunity
5. Minimising contact between staff & guests at every possible opportunity
6. Guests and staff required to wear face masks in public spaces
We are carrying out these measures in a way that is true to who we are, so whilst the health and safety of our team and guests is our absolute top priority, we still want you to be able to relax in a space that feels familiar.
In the meantime, if you would like to find out more about our commitment to keeping everyone safe whilst they’re with us read on below...
When can I stay?
We have very limited availability throughout October. Why not plan ahead for a late autumn escape? We have a good range of rooms available midweek across all PIGs from October and weekend rooms available from November, December and into early 2021!
Our Reservations team are doing their best to respond to all enquiries as soon as they can, but we do suggest that where possible you make your hotel or table booking online.
When can I book a table for lunch?
Please check your chosen PIG for details on our Lunch opening hours
We are operating with a reduced number of tables in our restaurants so that we can adhere to physical distancing guidelines, so availability is limited.
When can I book a table for dinner?
Please check your chosen PIG for details on our Dinner opening hours
Our Restaurants and Bars will be closed from 10pm. This does mean our lounges will also be closing to non-residents at 10pm, so we ask that if you are enjoying a few post-dinner drinks that you have made your way home by 10pm.
If you are staying with us then you are welcome to finish your drinks in one of the lounges and we can of course bring a bottle to your room or you could dip into the larder in your room if you are after a nightcap!
Can I book in a group? The rule of six
We will be sticking to the rule of six – you can be from multiple households or one household, but six is still the magic number! We are sorry if your household or support bubble is over this number but to keep it simple, we will only be taking a maximum of six people for a booking until further notice.
Are the Wood-Ovens open?
The Folly at THE PIG-at Combe is open walk-ins from midday until early evening. You can now also book dinner in The Folly.
Please check your chosen PIG's Wood-oven page to see if we are still serving throughout winter and our opening times.
As always, seating will be on a first come first served basis. Physical distancing will be strictly observed so numbers will be limited.
Can I book a treatment in the Potting Sheds or Shepherd Huts?
Yes - you can now book treatments! If you are staying with us you can book with the team in advance by calling the hotel or when you arrive.
If you are not staying with us you can also enjoy a relaxing treatment, please just call the hotel directly to make a booking.
Can I use a Gift Voucher?
We have extended the validity of all Gift Vouchers that expired during our period of closure from Monday 23rd March - Monday 6th July due to COVID-19, or that are due to expire later this year so that you are still able to use them at THE PIG.
All Gift Vouchers that expired or are due to expire in August, September, October, November or December 2020 have been extended by 3 months.
Please kindly note that you are unable to redeem a Gift Voucher online to make a booking. Please book your room as normal and the team will refund any pre-payments with proof of your voucher. Please just contact email@example.com
Book with confidence
What happens if I need to cancel?
Hotel bookings can be cancelled or transferred up to 72hrs prior to arrival with no charge. If you need to cancel or amend your booking within 72hrs of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date, however rates may differ between dates.
Any cancellations or amendments within 72hrs, that are not as a direct result of COVID-19, will result in our retaining the charge for the first night of your stay.
If we are forced to close a hotel/hotels due to COVID-19 bookings can be transferred or cancelled at no charge.
Read full T&Cs here.
NHS Test and Trace
The NHS Test and Trace poster will be displayed at the front of the hotels. If you have the NHS COVID-19 app you can quickly and easily ‘check in’ to THE PIG by scanning the QR code.
If you do not have the App, we will be asking guests to leave their details so that we can submit these to NHS Test and Trace.
The guidance is if there is more than one person in a booking, then you can record the name of the ‘lead member’ of the group (of up to 6 people) and the number of people in that group.
The service will allow us to trace the spread of the virus and isolate new infections and play a vital role in giving us early warning if the virus is increasing again, locally or nationally. You can find out more about how this works here.
Guidance, best practice & assessment
We’re following all government guidelines and working on best practice measures within the hotels. We are completing all necessary risk assessments and certification to validate our policies; all procedures and assessments will be constantly reviewed and updated where necessary in line with government guidelines.
We firmly believe this needs to be a joint effort between our team and our guests, so we urge you to please use maximum common sense to play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you. Importantly, we will not be allowing any of our team members displaying symptoms inside our hotels and we would ask you to exercise the same cautionary approach.
Our teams, suppliers & partners
We are making sure that all of our teams, suppliers and partners are fully aware of our commitments and have asked them to comply with our procedures and requests to ensure the safety of our staff and guests.
• Every team member is trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and fellow members of staff.
• We are taking all reasonable steps to follow the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
• We’re communicating with key suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet our high standards.
• All teams will be wearing face masks in public spaces.
Keeping you in the know
We’ll continue to be honest, transparent, and up front with you - updating and sharing information with you as soon as possible.
• As we hear the latest Government directives, we’ll update all our pre-arrival email communications to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene.
• All guests will be called in advance of their reservation to confirm the details of their stay and to clarify the procedures that we’ve put in place at that hotel ahead of their arrival.
• Our Reservations team are equipped with all information regarding staying at THE PIGs and will be able to answer questions that you might have.
• We will not be accepting cash at any of THE PIGs, we will only be accepting card payments.
We are adhering to Government guidelines and restrictions relating to capacity, and while physical distancing is required our restaurants will be operating with a reduced number of tables, so availability will be limited.
We are not taking bookings of more than 6 people. You can be from multiple households or one household but 6 is the magic number, and we will be sticking to this – we are sorry if your household or support bubble is over this number but to keep it simple we will only be taking a maximum of 6 people for a booking until further notice.
As a hotel and restaurant, we already operate with strict cleaning and health and safety measures, but we are now taking extra steps to ensure that all areas are thoroughly sanitised, clean and compliant.
• All team members are trained in these new standards and timings of cleaning.
• We will be using Sterizar, a non-toxic, alcohol free, biocidal sanitiser to fog all bedrooms between guests. Each bedroom will be fogged once it has been cleaned and ready for an arrival.
• Check In will now be at 4pm, rather than 3pm at all hotels, to allow for more time to clean guest bedrooms.
• We are providing hand sanitiser for staff and guests at every possible opportunity.
• We have employed full time public area cleaners.
Maintaining a physical distance from others is absolutely essential to stop the spread of the virus, but we believe it does not mean we can’t be sociable! We prefer the term physical distancing, so that it doesn’t feel like you can’t enjoy interacting with the team.
We’ll always adapt our service style to adhere to Government guidelines, and have adjusted table layouts in our restaurants, and chair layouts in our Bars and Lounges to allow for the required distancing policy.
We love our buildings being old, quirky and a bit different, but this can make it difficult for hard and fast rules. We’ll ask our guests to please use common sense and be responsible for your own physical distancing during your stay when moving around the hotel for the wellbeing of both you, other guests and the team. We will be asking the team to do the same for you.
Checking In and Out
We’ve adapted the Arrival, Check In and Check Out process to speed this up, to support physical distancing and to ensure the safety of all guests and team members. Guests will be contacted with details of exact procedures in advance of their stay.
We will no longer be taking cash, only card payments for all transactions.
In a Restaurant it is virtually impossible to remove every risk. Therefore, our policy is to mitigate the risk through best practice and risk assessment. We’ll take all necessary measures to deliver minimum contact, ensure hygiene standards and physical distancing.
• Breakfast will be served at guests’ tables, as sadly our much-loved PIG grazing breakfast tables are not viable with current guidelines. All of the goodies that were on the Breakfast table will now be available, along with our hot dishes on our new Breakfast menus. Prices range from £10-£15.
• We’ll ask our guests to pre-book their Breakfast time on arrival.
• Lunch and Dinner reservations for hotel guests will be staggered to support physical distancing.
• Menus will be accessible on the website and accessible via a QR code when at the hotel.
• Tables will be positioned the required distance apart in all our restaurants, in line with the latest government guidelines.
• Hand santiser will be available on every table.
• You will notice a number of other small changes have been put in place to maintain hygiene standards.
• Please read 'Capacity' above for information on group bookings.
The Potting Sheds
Our Potting Shed Treatment rooms are now open!
- We are now accepting treatment bookings for both residents and non-residents.
- Our therapists have received additional training on health and safety protocol and will be provided with additional safety equipment to wear during all appointments.
- Increased turn-around time between guests to allow for thorough cleaning of the treatment rooms and personal safety equipment.
- Treatment rooms will be fogged with sanitiser every day.
- We ask that all guests please shower before arriving for their treatment, and wear a mask and use hand sanitiser before entering the treatment room.
- We will be taking temperature checks of guests and therapists before every treatment.
Reduced VAT for the hospitality industry
As many of you will know the Chancellor recently announced a measure of assistance to help the hospitality sector. From 15th July he has reduced the amount of VAT we will have to pay on our inclusive prices over the next 6 months. You can read more about our response to this support here.
Stay in the Know!
Sign up to keep up to date with the latest news, offers and re-opening info!