This is the easiest dessert there is.
We like to make the most of the kitchen garden with this dish by using our own lemon-scented herbs. There are different options you could choose from, including lemon verbena, lemon balm, or even kaffir lime leaves.
You can set these zesty little puds in small cups or ramekins; they don’t need anything fancy, they’re perfect served with a few fresh strawberries or raspberries and a shortbread biscuit.
To make dessert for 4 people, you’ll need:
300ml double cream
50g caster sugar
1 lemon, juiced and zested
30g lemon and lime basil, or other leaves such as lemon verbena
To make the puds:
1. Place the cream, sugar, lemon zest and basil (stalks and all) in a pan and slowly bring to the boil.
2. Turn the heat right down and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
4. Pass through a fine sieve and pour into suitable cups.
5. Chill in the fridge for at least two hours to set.
If you make our lemon and lime basil posset recipe, be sure to share snaps of your creation with us.